Bready or Not Original: No Bake Chocolate Peppermint Pudding Pie
This easy no-bake pie requires short cooking time on the stove to create a delicious dessert. A Bready or Not Original.
- 1 graham cracker crust or Oreo pie crust
- 2 boxes chocolate fudge pudding (NOT instant) or other chocolate pudding; 1.3-ounce
- 3 Tb cocoa powder sifted
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 Tb vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 Tb butter
- 4 ounces Cool Whip about half small container
- crushed peppermints optional
Set out the crust so that it's ready.
In a large saucepan at low heat, whisk together the two packs of chocolate pudding along with the cocoa powder, sugar, milk, and both extracts. Stir until it becomes smooth and thick, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Turn off the heat and add the pat of butter, whisking until the pudding is silky. Pour everything into the pie crust.
Allow to cool for a few minutes, then place it in fridge to set overnight (or place in freezer for a few hours, then set in fridge to thaw a few hours more).
Cover the top with Cool Whip. Adorn individual pieces with peppermint bits, if desired.
OM NOM NOM!