Bready or Not: Oreo and Caramel Cake Batter Brownies
Use cake mix as a base to create quick, chewy brownies! Customize with whatever chocolate or candy you have handy, but you can't go wrong with caramel and Oreos. A Bready or Not Original.
- 1 box devil's food cake mix
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder optional but awesome
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk or half & half
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 5 ounces Caramel Bits or chopped caramel
- 8 ounces Mini Oreos or chopped Oreos, some reserved for top
Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Line a 9x13 pan with foil and apply nonstick spray or butter.
Combine first three ingredients in a large bowl. Add egg and milk. Fold in the chocolate chips, caramel pieces, and Mini Oreos.
Pour into prepared baking pan. Add the reserved Oreos on top. Bake for 20 minutes, or it until passes the toothpick test.
Allow to set for at least 30 minutes before cutting into squares.
OM NOM NOM!